Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Word of Mouth Bistro (and the drunk people who nearly ruined my dinner)

Who has ever gone out to a nice dinner only to have it ruined, not by the food, not by the service, but by other diners nearby?

I had the most annoying dinner last night at Word of Mouth. The food was scrumptious, of course. I had the Portabello Panini filled with thick slices of melting mozzerella, fresh tomatoes and basil, and chopped portabello mushrooms. It was on a nicely toasted sourdough bread and it was absolutely delightful.

The company at the next table: not so delightful. They nearly ruined a perfectly good panini dinner with their drunken babblings and trying to fit 7 people at a four person table. They were running into things, standing in the aisle so the staff couldn't get by, bumping into our table, drinking copious amounts of alcohol (this seemed to be two ladies in particular), talking loudly, banging their glasses on the table, etc, etc.

I'm pretty sure if I'd been running the place I would have asked them to leave. They were just obnoxious. But I'm sure they spent a pretty penny on alcohol, so perhaps it was worth it.

1 comments:

The Mulligan Family said...

I am constantly amazed at how unaware and uncouth people can be. Sorry your dining experience was an unpleasant one.

Post a Comment