Thursday, April 28, 2011

Northern Lights Theater Pub

I have to admit that I'm not much of a movie goer. Okay, I'm not much of a movie watcher at all. To me, movies are an event. So when I do have time to see a movie I like the whole movie theater experience. Generally, I enjoy movies at Salem Cinema which is near my home, but last night I decided to go to Northern Lights with a friend. We really wanted to see The King's Speech and it was playing at Northern Lights. And at exactly the right time for our schedule!

I haven't been to Northern Lights in some time. I forget how much I like it. Its a local theater with second run movies for $3. I love that you can order food to be delivered during the movie. I like the happy, helpful staff members. I like the fact that I can get a beer or a glass of wine to drink during the movie.

Maybe its because I'm just not a movie buff, but I can't imagine spending $10 on a movie at the Regal theaters here in town. At Northern Lights I could get a movie, popcorn, AND a soda for that same $10. And I'd be supporting a local business in the process. Sounds like a win/win situation to me.

Oh, also, if you haven't seen The King's Speech, you should go see it right away. Amazing. That is all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We saw the Big Lebowski reenactment there recently and loved it... was our first time at Northern Lights, but plan to go back... maybe for comedy night next. ;)

JaredChoc said...

Try It Local: Salem (A Groupon style site) has a $6 for $12 Northern Lights deal.

http://goo.gl/a6LR6

We've come to really like Northern Lights. I have four kids, so when the six of us head to a movie it is very expensive. Their popcorn is great too.

carl balog said...

It is amazing post.I am felling glad on this post.can you more share with me.I will come back as soon.



Thanks for more info.....






Dr. Carl Balog

Sumonasong said...

Dr. Carl Balog MD / Oregon Pain Associates

Post a Comment