Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Torta Report - Part 3

Okay, folks, I think I found it! The best torta in Salem, Oregon. It is so delicious that I want to go back for dinner. Every night. Seriously.
I ordered the pastor (pork) torta and the flavor in the meat was amazing! So delicious and spicy. Also, the bread was perfectly toasted to a golden brown color. I believe that the ability to get the toast perfectly toasted and crispy might be one of the main keys to making great tortas.
Thanks to VegansNightmare for telling be about this delicious cart. It's called Ricky's Taqueria although it's difficult to see the name even when you're standing at the cart. It's parked on State St. Behind Knecht's Auto Parts which is behind the Walgreen's on State and Lancaster. It's a shiny silver truck and it's pretty visible from the street.
They also have tacos and some pretty delicious looking burritos, but I'll be hard pressed to order anything other than the torta after this first sampling!

3 comments:

solarjinx timetravels said...

I'm curious, have you tried the tortas at Plaza Morelia? It's located on River Road just as you enter into Keizer, on the left-hand side. DJ's Bar & Grill are side-by-side, Jade Garden is across the street. That's my go-to place when I'm craving a torta or huarache. Mmmmm baby!

KandN said...

My sister claims that her secret to an amazing hamburger is generously buttering the bun before toasting. Um . . . yeah . . . butter ranks right up there with bacon, doesn't it??
Thanks for sharing, Rebekah! Sounds delicious!

Rebekah said...

Solarjinx - I've seen the Plaza Morelia sign, but haven't tried it. I will do that someday soon and let you know how it compares to Ricky's.

KandN - Interesting, butter and bacon make everything better. Ain't that the truth!

Post a Comment