Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm in the Clear!

I am very excited! I got internet at home yesterday. Thanks to Clear. I'm pretty happy with the experience so far, although I've only had it one day.

Here's how it happened. I've been thinking about getting Clear for awhile, because I don't have cable at home or a home phone anyway, and with Qwest and Comcast you have to wait for someone to come over and set you up with the service. So, I walked down to the Salem Center mall and talked to the lady at the Clear booth. She was easy to work with and answered all my questions. She checked to see what kind of signal I would get at my house and said it was better than the one she has in her booth. I looked over the packages and decided on the $30 per month deal, which is their cheapest package. I paid for my first month, she gave me the box and I walked home with it. This took all of about 20 minutes.

Later in the evening, I set up my new internet. It took all of about 10 minutes including opening the package and finding a plug in, which was probably the hardest part at my house. I was pretty happy with the ease of setup and the fact that I get a really strong signal. Those were the two things I was worried about going in.

So, if you need internet in the next 30 minutes or so, Clear is the way to go. 

If you are thinking about going with Clear here are a few things to keep in mind:
  • They require a debit or credit card for billing and pull it directly out of your account. 
  • The home system is a modem but is not wireless within your house unless you buy a wireless modem to go with it.
  • You can check the service at your address on their website before you sign up.
  • You can choose month-to-month or a 2 year contract (which waives the $35 activation fee).
  • If you move, you can take the service with you. If you don't get service where you move, you can get out of the contract, if you chose the contract route.

1 comments:

Salem Man said...

I've been curious about Clear for awhile. Do you know how fast it is?

Post a Comment