Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Love Guacamole!!

Some days you just need guacamole. It's been one of those days for me for about 5 days now. I finally got some avocados on Sunday and made up a big ol' bowl of guac...which I have been eating for pretty much every meal ever since!

I had asked my local Twitter friends for some advice on where to buy avocados here in Salem and they mentioned Winco (which is where I eventually bought mine), Cash & Carry, and Safeway for good produce options. I also wondered if Morrow's on Silverton might have some, but I didn't get over that way to check.

Here's my guacamole recipe, which I have perfected after several trips to Mexico and watching my Mexican born friend make it for her family.

Caution: This makes a lot, but since it's pretty addicting that's usually a good thing. It'll be gone before you know it!

4 avocados
4 medium tomatoes (I used vine-ripened Roma's from my sister's plentiful garden)
1/2 an onion (I used red onion because that was what was in my fridge)
1 and a 1/2 fresh jalepenos (medium/hot spiciness, use more or less depending taste)
1/2 cup or so of fresh chopped cilantro
The juice of one lime

Chop it all up, mix it together, and then eat it all up! Yummmmmm. Happy tummies!

3 comments:

KandN said...

Thank you, Rebekah! And now I have an urge for Guacamole. :>) What's your favorite edible device to transfer the green goodness to your mouth?

AMY said...

Dammit, now I want some quac. You dropped the quac bomb on me! Maybe I'll have to catch lunch at La Margarita tomorrow to cure the jones.

Rebekah said...

And the guac fever rages on!!Chips, K, delicious corn chips. Or my finger if no chips are available. :)

Post a Comment