Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wonderful, Beautiful Salem!

It's one of those days when the sun comes out and reminds us that spring is really going to come again. On those days it's easy to feel a sense of peace and wonder when walking around town. I walked through Riverfront Park and wandered through downtown Salem and I felt it again. The feeling that sometimes comes when the sun is at exactly the right angle and the air is exactly the right temperature. I felt like I was where I belonged. I felt at peace. I felt like I was at home and I reveled in it. I felt pride in the beauty of the parks and streets and trees of my hometown. Everyone I saw looked beautiful. Everything I saw shined with life. I was happy and I was happy to be in Salem.

And that's saying a lot for someone who is a self proclaimed wanderer.










0 comments:

Post a Comment