Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The La Capitale Bar

Once in awhile you find a little spot that just makes you feel good about life. The bar at La Capitale is that way for me. It's one of those places where I walk in and, on any given night, I'm likely to run into a few people I know. The food is always good, the company is amusing, and the drinks are always scrump-diddly-umptious!

Twice, last week, I happened to be there. Okay, well, I planned to be there to meet friends, but it just so happened twice in one week, which is not my norm, but it was a nice treat. Both times I ran into multiple people I knew, not including the group I came with. People stopped by to say hello, chatted for a minute and then went on to their own meals and drinks.

Rob (@robdrinkenstein on Twitter) was behind the bar, mixing up his magic drinks. On one evening he even took time from his busy schedule to stop and give our little group of single ladies some advice on love. Love advice AND perfectly mixed martinis? If that's not the epitome of a good bartender, then I don't know what is.

Good drinks, good food, good friends and a place where everybody knows your name? Hmmm. Is this Cheers? If so, it is a little more upscale version with better decor, nicer people, and tastier food.

And you know what's even better? They have Happy Hour now from 4-6 PM! Yes! I love HH. See you at La Cap!

1 comments:

smc said...

I have had the best Lemon Drops at La Capitale's bar. There are just delicious as is the food. Never disappointed.

Post a Comment