Monday, June 29, 2009

When Dragon Boats Collide

The World Beat Festival turned out really well this year. The booths were interesting, the music was good, the dancing was beautiful, and the dragon boat races were very popular. Unfortunately, one of them tipped over. Personally, I thought watching them try to figure out what to do after it tipped, dumped them out, and filled with water was the most entertaining part of the show. I realize that just sounds mean and morbid, but it really was entertaining. They seemed to be in good spirits and nobody got hurt, so I don't feel too bad. After floundering around in the water for awhile, they decided to pull it up to the bank and empty it. Easier said than done, I'm sure, but they made it.


Struggling to get under the line towards shore

Almost there! You can see how much water is in the boat in this one. It was nearly full.

2 comments:

KandN said...

I hope it was warm! And I'll bet they're glad it's been several days since it rained.
Quite a show!

Rebekah said...

It was pretty hot on Sunday, so I'm sure they didn't mind. A few other people looked like they might be jealous. :)

Post a Comment