Monday, June 15, 2009

Gardening in Pots and The Best Garden Gloves EVER

I decided to upgrade the apartment courtyard this weekend and add some potted flowers. Well, $75 and 10 hours later we now have a luscious backyard garden - all in pots. Luckily, another tenant wanted to help out, so we split the effort and the cost. We found the pots in the garden shed, so we didn't have to buy those. The plants we got at Fred Meyer and Rite-aid (of all places).

Rite-aid had some beautiful geraniums that we couldn't resist. Fred Meyer was having a 10 for $10 sale on annuals, so we picked up a bunch of colorful plants. Potting soil was the most expensive thing on our list. And then we saw these pretty garden gloves with rubber palms and we just had to have them. They were similar to these gloves with a latex palm and fingers, but they were a different brand. (I can't find them online. I think they are a Freddy's brand). But they are seriously awesome! My rest of my body may be feeling the gardening aches, but my hands look like I just got a manicure.



4 comments:

KandN said...

I use gloves that are similar to those and love them. N's stepsis said she uses them all around the house to protect her hands. I don't go that far, but I can see why she likes them so much.
Your garden sounds wonderful. You should post a pic or two. :>)

AMY said...

Yes, yes, yes, those ROCK! A friend came me some of those as a gift in a "garden basket" one year.

Jim Allhiser President/Inspector said...

I will have to go and check on the annuals at Freddys.
Thanks for the tip on the gloves, frequently wear through gloves.

Rebekah said...

I definitely will post some pics of my garden soon. Suddenly people from the complex are coming out to use it and hang around and talk to each other. Amazing what a few flowers and some strategically placed chairs will do! :)

Post a Comment