Monday, June 8, 2009

Cafe Noir and the Didgeridoo


Looking for a nice place to do some work online Saturday night, I ended up at Cafe Noir. Perfect. It's open late, they have wireless, and there were plenty of tables available. Well, that was at 7 pm. By the time 9 pm rolled around, the place was standing room only. They had two bands booked for the night. I use the term "bands" loosely, as the first one was a didgeridoo player named Jake Duncan and his assortment of didgeridoos. In case you haven't heard of them before didgeridoos are an aboriginal Australian instrument, with what my friend described as a "nutty sound."

I'm not sure if people were there to hear the didgeridoo, the other band, All In Perspective, or if they were drawn in off the streets by the strange sounds coming from the place.

1 comments:

AMY said...

Wow, I'm sorry I missed that! I love eclectic live performances like that.

Post a Comment