Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Last Days of Farmer's Market


The Wednesday and Saturday Farmer's Markets in downtown Salem are coming to close at the end of October. There has been inordinately beautiful weather for the late season this year. Last week I went out to the market on Wednesday during my lunch and bought fresh green beans, red potatoes, green and yellow zucchini, and green onions. I also picked up a beautiful bouquet of dahlias and some other little purple flower for only $5. The vegetables made a wonderful fresh farmer's market dinner when I added grilled chicken. Mmmm. I love eating fresh from the market. Which is why I'm so sad to see it going away for the winter.

But, spring will come again and with it the farmer's markets and fresh food and beautiful fresh flowers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment